Poetic OOTDs

While this post was supposed to be inspired spring outfit that I initially intended to, but it all went down the drain because our outfit just didn't simply scream, 'SPRING'. More like, inspired by the music that was playing when my brother and I were shooting last Saturday. I wasn't sure what we wanted to achieve in this post today but I'd like to think that we are versatile. Maybe to my readers out there, it won't give you the same opinion as mine but I do hope you guys enjoy it. Because bottom line, that's the most important thing.


Since I have collaborated with my young brother, another fashion enthusiast; I think today's post is both a mixture of street style and I don't know, other 'genre' of fashion scene. Though both me and my brother have different styles, I hope you're able to see that the differences yet the similarities altogether.


FLORALS & FIRE 







On Me
  • Top: Zalora's Something Borrowed
  • Bottom: Pull&Bear's Mom Jeans Fit
  • Shoes: Vans Old Skool
On Daniel
  • Top: Uniqlo White Oxford Shirt & Thrasher Tee
  • Bottom: Thrifted
  • Shoes: Vans Flame Old Skool 

Florals & Fire. Sounds like a title to a very sad poem. Or is it just me? Maybe because of the obvious florals going on my top and fuming flames on my brother's sneakers. Pretty much described Kuantan's weather lately, don't you think? With all the hot sunny sun and also that flowers blooming around. Maybe the flowers were contributed by the fact that my mom has tons of plants. 

But then with such a hot weather, it's always good to choose Vans, right? It's easy to wear, a no brainer when comes to pairing it with other outfits and also it's not sweaty for you feet. A good choice of sneakers. 

I'm also very into bell sleeves lately. Just because I think it hides my big arms and gives that girly feeling. But on the down side, it's hard to get it off because of the sweat that I have been producing under it. It's probably good to wear when it's slightly windy. That will fit. 

Are you a floral spring or just pure fiery spirit kind of person? 


DRIPPIN' FINESSE 








On Daniel:
  • Top: Champion Basic White Tee 
  • Bottom: Adidas Track Pants 
  • Bags: Thrifted 
  • Outerwear: Thrifted
  • Shoes: Balenciaga's Triple S (Grey Red Blue)

On Me: 
  • Top: Uniqlo SPRZNY
  • Bottom: Zalora Mom Jeans Short 
  • Outerwear: Uniqlo U Fall Collection 2018 
  • Shoes: Nike Air Force 1 
Pretty much inspired by Bruno Mars' infamous 'Finesse' song with Cardi B, we take you back to the hay days of colours and hip hop culture blasts into the fashion industry. Which still does today. Though my brother's outfit is basically drippin' and serving finesse vibe, but I don't think I can beat him.

But what I do know is that Uniqlo's U Collection is da bomb. Especially the jacket. It's lightweight and also waterproof, if I'm not mistaken. It goes it very well with almost every outfit and it keeps me warm, so a plus to for that. 


STRIPES  & CHECKERS








On Me: 
  • Top: Pull&Bear Oversized Statement Sweater 
  • Bottom: Thrifted 
  • Shoes: Nike Cortez
On Daniel
  • Top: Thrifted
  • Bottom: Uniqlo Straight Cut Jeans
  • Shoes: Skechers Stamina Nuovo

A checkered and stripes never go wrong. Just don't pair them up together. Like how I said before at LookVine, it's always important to know about pairing two different kinds of patterns. Sure, fashion doesn't have a rule but if you can rock it then have a go!

Unlike the two previous outfit, both of us decided to keep it neutral and simple for this one, and it's useful especially when we live in small town, dressing up can be very tiresome. So a quick grab of your favorite checkered flannel or some striped sweater like how I did.

So that was it! My first OOTD blog post. I hope I did well though deep down, I'm kind of suck of what and how to describe my outfit as well as my brother's. He did great, don't you think? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy and wait 'patiently' for me to update the next post. Till then, see ya'!


Do follow @__justpauline and @heyimdc on Instagram for more #OOTD

Comments

Popular Posts