What's Trending: Rattans, Beads, Fannies & Cross-Body

Bags.

Everyone has them and carries them. They comes in all shape and sizes; functionality and colours. Some are made out of leather, PU, plastic or rattans. They can be as futuristic or just plain old handbag. They can be hang on your shoulders, over your shoulder or around your waist. But it all comes down to one thing; they carry things you don't want to carry in your hand.

The evolution of bag or handbag has come a long way. Can you believe bags were used to be known as 'purse' to carry coins? Its evolution has been with every men kind history, from male to female. Handbag trends also changes throughout history and it's hard to believe the bags that women or men alike carries the same bag as our parents or ancestors did.

Scroll down to find out more on which bag that's trending and I'm pretty sure you'll have hard time digesting them. Well, some.

HANDBAGS

BEADED HANDBAGS

Picture Courtesy of @alwaysjudging

Picture Courtesy of @camillecharriere

I remembered wanted one when I was a little girl and every girl in my school was bringing this to school to put their pencil cases and books. I remembered wanting it so badly that I borrowed my friend's one and even showed it to my mother, asking her where to buy this bag. Of course, I couldn't find anything similar and had to settle down for a plastic bag with an imitation drawing of Belle from Beauty and The Beast. So, scrolling down and seeing my childhood bags coming back as a 'fashiong It Item' has really made me baffled yet amazed. All at the same time. And like a little girl, I showed my mother this bags and she then responded, "Eh, this bag!" Yep, this bag.


MINI CROSS-BODY BAGS

 Picture Courtesy of Kirsten Hartman


Picture Courtesy of Styleoholic

Picture Courtesy of Styleoholic 

My sisters gave me a lot of mini cross-body bags when I was a young gorl (not a typo) and I always had troubles squeezing all of my stuffs into it. Because I believed carrying a pencil case to the mall is a thing. I don't know but if only I applied the same mentality as I was before, I wouldn't have to be looking for pens everywhere when I need to sign stuff. Ok, back the topic. I have been carrying cross-body bags as long as I can remember. I don't really fancy carrying bags like 'traditional' handbags, you know? Cross-body back is awesome so I'm happy it's back in trend/ 



RATTAN BAG


Picture Courtesy of Soltropicali

Picture Courtesy of Livvyland 

Picture Courtesy of Pinterest 

Be it a carrier or cross-body bag, this 'Rattan Bag' has indeed taken over the Instagram fashion trends. To those who are still clueless, it's really made out of rattan material. Yes like the ones we saw aunties carrying it for their groceries shopping at the wet/dry market. What's your take on this?


FANNIES AKA BELT-BAGS


Picture Courtesy of WhoWhatWear

 Picture Courtesy of Norries Danta Ford 

Picture Courtesy of Lo&Sons

You wouldn't believe me if I told you that my father has collections of belt bags. He has been wearing this ever since I could remember. And you should see the face of my father when I told him that his belt-bags are what girls going for, he was shookth. However, I was skeptical at first. I was wondering this kind of 'trend' would last. It's been quite a few months after the hype and people are still into. It's still going strong but the rattan bags is here to stay. Also, the character Cable in Deadpool 2 also carries a belt-bag to which they called it, 'fannies'.


PLASTIC BAGS


 Picture Courtesy of PopSugar 

Picture Courtesy of ChikoShoes

Pictures Courtesy of ChikoShoes

Gone are the days where people have to pay 20 cents for plastics on Saturdays. Forget to bring your grocery bags? Don't worry, buy a Celine handbag that looks like plastic bags. Initially, I wasn't digging the style. I felt it was like 'WHAT?!' But then after seeing one of my senior colleague from my internship company, I was intrigued by it. Something about it screams, 'Couture' yet 'Simple'. The perfect balance between 'Brave' and 'Crazy', you know? Or is it just me?



FISH-NET BAG


Picture Courtesy of @didicsm

Picture Courtesy of Fashion Hedge

Picture Courtesy of Fashion Hedge 

Yes, it's a design inspired by nets that is used to catch fish by fishermen. I know it's hard to digest but it's just my observation. If you're asking what can you store if you carry this bag around, I would say invest in another pouch to keep all your belongings from not get caught.

So ends this post on What's Trending. Which bag trends that you're actually surprised about? If you're not, which bag you're totally rocking it?

Comments

  1. Wow, a lot of beautiful bags, your collection is very rich, I hope to see more and better works.

    classy mens shoes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts